The excursions of the International Hardy Plant Union (ISU) have a long tradition. Since ISU foundation there have been several excursions. They either go to botanically interesting regions and give good inside view of our perennials in the wild, or the program is dedicated to garden culture, visits to interesting parks and gardens as well as to botanical gardens.
On these ISU excursions plant and garden enthusiasts meet each other, friendships are made and maintained.
ISU Excursion 2017 to Kyrgyztan is already booked out!
We offer this excursion 2018 again.
19th – 29th JUNE 2018
General information and program (below)
Participation: 12 - 16 persons
Trip under the guidance of English/Dutch/German/Russian/Kyrgyz speaking guide/interpreter
Meerim Kozhoshova and Dutch botanist Brian Kabbes (English/Dutch/German).
Price: 1.450,00 € p.p., excluding flight. (The flight from Europe is approximately. 400 - 500 €, depending on the time of booking and the chosen airline carrier. This flight you have to book yourself, but we will advice you which flight has the best connection.)
Payment of 55 € down payment is to be made by credit card to the International Hardy Plant Union in advance after confirming. The remainding 1395,00 € is payable cash (euro or US dollar) arrival in the guesthouse in Bishkek. You will receive a specified invoice (English - Russian) from the local tour operator in Kyrgyzstan in euro and the local currency (Som). Because giro payment trough banks in Kyrgyzstan is very unreliable, it is not possible to use this service. It is also possible to pay in cash US dollars.
- 2015 Report Botanical Excursion Monte Baldo and Lake Garda, North Italy by Jan Spruyt (6.7 MiB)
- 2013 Report Botanical excursion Switzerland ba Jakob Hokema (100.5 KiB)
- 2012 Report Botanical Excursion Sikkim India by Doris Pöppel (56.9 KiB)
- 2011 Report Botanical Excursion Norway by Martin Emmett (26.1 KiB)
- 2011 Report Botanical Excursion Norway by Andres Altwegg (207.8 KiB)
- 2009 Report Botanical Excursion Dolomites by Alice De Boer (146.5 KiB)